Environmental Policy Statement
The WT Parker Group Ltd are committed to the protection of the environment, which may be affected by it’s activities.
To this end the WT Parker Group Ltd:
- Will ensure compliance with environmental legislation and will anticipate and act promptly on any changes to such.
- Are committed to continual improvement in environmental performance and to preventing pollution and will plan, conduct and monitor its operations using the best practicable means to protect the environment from impairment.
- Will assess all contracts for their environmental impact, offering advice to clients on less harmful/more energy efficient alternatives where practicable.
- Will make all employees aware of our environmental policy, while providing suitable training to improve environmental awareness, and allocate clear responsibilities.
- Will purchase, operate and maintain all its vehicles in a responsible manner providing the maximum practicable environmental protection.
- Are committed to a programme of recycling and are continually trying to find new methods of recycling/reusing/reclaiming packaging and redundant materials.
The environmental ‘aspects and impacts’ and ‘objectives and targets’ of W T Parker Group Ltd are set down in the Company Environmental Procedures Manual. Copies of this are available for inspection at all branches or ‘uncontrolled copies’ may be obtained from the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager at Head Office.
All ‘aspects and impacts’ are reviewed annually or whenever circumstances change.
All ‘objectives and targets’ are reviewed six weekly with an annual review carried out at the annual management review.
Parker Technical Services recognises the contribution that it can make to sustainable development both through the services that are provided to our clients and in the way we conduct our own business.
It is our aim to effectively contribute to the financial, social and environmental wellbeing of the communities within which we, and our clients and suppliers, operate. We understand that sustainable development needs to be embedded in our business strategies, decision making, and practices at all levels to enable ongoing, long-term success.
The company is committed to continual improvement through:
- Adding value for customers. (This includes the enhancement of environmental and social performance and the recognition of economic opportunity through the provision of high quality services)
- Delivering our services using an effective system to enable customers to be informed of the possibilities for increasing the sustainability of their projects, providing specialist services and advice as appropriate.
- Growing the business while maintaining financial stability, supporting wealth creation for the company’s investors and its employees and to assist the local community.
- Complying with all relevant legislation, regulation, and other requirements as applicable and maintaining best practice.
- Conducting our business in consideration of ethical issues with integrity.
- Providing employees with fairly rewarded employment and personal development opportunities in a safe working environment, free from discrimination or intimidation.
- Implementing a system to encourage the practical purchasing of goods and services in accordance with sustainable development principles, with the ongoing development of our “purchasing policy”.
- Consideration of the principal social and environmental impacts of our activities, decisions, services and advice on the communities with which we interact, to mitigate impacts and maximise the positive.
- By regular meetings with major wholesalers to ensure their compliance with current legislation and details of any recent developments and initiatives, recording responses and maintaining a database of our supply chain’s commitment to sustainability.
- Encouraging the involvement and support of all employees in sustainability initiatives.
- Continuing to improve our environmental management system to cover all aspects of our business and expand and improve the system to embrace relevant social and economic objectives to become a broader sustainability management System.
- Communicating and explaining this sustainability policy to all employees and contracted personnel and making it available to everyone. This statement, plus our Environmental statement are available in the shared drive and form part of our “Environmental management system.”